Thursday, January 17, 2008

Random thoughts...

Been a while since I felt like I wanna pen down my random thoughts... Just so many things floating around in my head (plus the fact that I'm pretty free in office these days while serving my notice period)...

1. Was at borders yesterday when a Jamie Oliver cook book caught my attention... Was browsing through it when I suddenly got the inspiration to wanna learn how to cook!!! And since my nice little cousins gave me a generous book voucher for my birthday last year, I have decided to use the book voucher for the book! =) (XY in case you're reading this... Haha...) Will definitely try out some of the dishes!


2. Have been reading up online for information and stuff for my trip to BKK end of this month. Been there twice so far in the last few years... and this would be my 3rd trip up. Looking forward to loads of shopping, massage and good, cheap food... i.e. Bird's nest etc... Have booked my tickets via Air Asia and will be staying in Centrepoint Service Apartment Petchburi... Have had good reviews about the apartment... So looking forward to it already!



3. My trip to BKK is not yet over, but I'm already thinking about future, longer trips! It's partly inspiration from Mandy who just came back from Israel. She seemed to have had loads of fun there and it's not only a leisure tour, but was also educational from a historical and a biblical standpoint... I so wanna travel so that I can further 'widen my horizons' as the common saying goes.... Just listing down some of the places that I wanna visit:

i) Korea (a promise made to my mum since 2007!)

ii) Europe - Esp. Italy, Rome, Barcelona, Portugal, Holland, Switzerland

iii) England - Esp. London

iv) U.S. - Esp. New York, California, Hawaii

And many others (Japan, China (esp. Shanghai now that I can get free acomm!) etc) just that these happen to be of more priority for now... I can't wait!

4. Been reading all these articles about rape / molest / sexual harrassment these days. So many stories of how it always begins with someone within the household, usually a step father or sibling... In retrospect, I can better appreciate my mum's reluctance to let me stay over at my friends' place when I was younger. Whenever I argue and insist that my friends can be trusted, she always reminds me that it's not me or my friends whom she doesn't trust. But rather it's their fathers / brothers / uncles who may be within the same household that she doesn't trust. Wise words those were....

I'm so sleeeeeeeeeeepy now... suffering from the full force effect of the after lunch syndrome.... BBS... *Be Back Soon... *

No comments: