Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Family matters....


Rohinton Mistry


There you see him... the man behind the book that I was raving about... "A Fine Balance". And now I'm going to rave about him.

I just finished reading another of his book "Family Matters"... And I would say that it's pretty good too. Although it's no where as captivating as "A Fine Balance", it is still a good book. And come on! Just one look at the title... You know it's a fine work of art.

"Family Matters"... a very apt title for the book really. All because you can read the title in two dimensions.

1) Family matters... they do. As the old saying goes, blood is thicker than water. There's no place like home... and it's got to do with the family members in the home too.

2) Family matters... that's what the book is all about. It's an intriguing story about family ties, relationships, responsibilities. It's a story about the human issues involved in a family.

Brilliant isn't it? At least I think it is. If only I can think of headlines for my articles as well as this guy does his book titles...

Oh well, moving on... in light of the periods of depression I seem to encounter lately, I decided that I need a purpose in life. Therefore, I've decided to embark on a journey with "The Purpose Driven Life". I sure hope it's purpose filled...

No comments: