Sunday, July 01, 2007

New lappie!!

Stayed up till 3 plus am last night setting up my new lappie!

Got everything up and going, short of programs... But I think I got a pretty decent deal... May not be the best around but oh well... I'm committed...

Couldn't believe how I dealt myself a damage of $1599 within 30 mins after lunch...

Had a lunch meeting, after which I popped by Funan to purchase Norton Internet Security for my office terminal... reached Funan and realised that there was a laptop deal going on. Buying a lappie has been on my mind for the last few weeks, since I shifted the desktop out to the study for Daddy's convenience... thought more about it when Mummy highlighted the Courts' deals on Acers and HPs... Went Sim Lim to compare prices but nothing caught my eye that was within minimal budget of $1500. Would have loved a Fujitsu.. but really... I wouldn't have been worthy of such pricey lappies... I'm a basic user...

Anyway, walked into Lenovo after checking out the "Beat the GST hike" deals that were going on on the ground floor, in the atrium. Saw one that was not exactly within my budget, but pretty close, going at $1599. What's more, they were giving a 1GB RAM add on... I thought that was pretty decent considering that I'll be having 2GB RAM for a $1.5K lappie.

What's more, it comes with a NVIDIA GeForce Graphics card... (Good for gaming if I decide to go back to that)... and it's a 1.66Ghz (T5500) processor... And it's not the ugly black IBM design kinda lappie.. it's in 2 tone silver - light and dark... heh...

And so.... my heart was moved... But I was determined to look for a better deal... I spend the next 20 minutes, walking in and out of the other surrounding shops. And guess what.... the other deals I found were all going for $1699 / $1799 WITHOUT the 1GB RAM add-on... so I was SOLD...

Went back to the shop... said that I was keen to buy... asked to upgrade Vista Home basic to Vista Home premium and they said they can't do that... due to licensing issues (excuses so a friend said)... and I asked what else they can throw in... they said it comes with a lappie bag... I was like... "Anything else extra cuz that's standard package?"... and the sales guy went... "Laptop sleeve?"... I was like... "errrr... Okies... I think I need a mouse..." and so I got myself an Microsoft Optical Mouse for my lappie too! Hahaha... Ain't such a big deal I know... but being the typical Singaporean, some useful freebie's better than no freebie at all!! hehe....

Anyway, here's my new toy!! =)



Haha.... pretty tempted to customise my lappie cover some how or other..... but see how that goes... Lol... In the meantime, here I am, blogging with my new toy! =) *heartache... ^$^... but happy! =) )

No comments: