Saturday, June 25, 2005

Caught in a stationary time-zone...

Hi... it's been a while huh...

Sheesh... It's been a terrible week for me... It's not just up and down... it's up, down, 360 degree loops, 90 degree turns... and the feeling's been undescribable.

I couldn't believe what I got myself into (work wise) for the last two weeks. I thought wireless city was bad... when I had to handle the entire project by myself... but the last week was worse!

Not funny when you have to handle 7 projects, have millions of people (ok not millions.. but even tens is bad enough) calling you every other minute, chasing for this or that... and every request has to be done by TODAY, by a certain time (not date), by NOW, or end of today... That freaking sucks.

Imagine not going home for the last 48 hours...

I know I'm starting to gripe... And it sure seems as if I'm griping everytime I'm in a job... but it's so stressful. Yet again, I'm doubting my capabilities. It's definitely not easy being an events coordinator. Perhaps especially in my company.

It's not only about coordinating and managing time-line, schedules, people- clients, suppliers, workers, colleagues, liasion... I've got to manage design and creative work! And that's like SO NOT my forte... I can't do it... I suppose I will as time goes by, and as with experience... but it's so tough now as I'm asked and required to do it NOW! And I feel so helpless...

The only thing that's keeping me going now is the shimmering ray of hope... that new people are coming in soon. It's mentally stressful and physically exhausting to be managing 7 projects and with clients who constantly think that you're servicing them alone only... and they expect you to be in front of the computer all the time, waiting for their mails, for their instructions. It's work when I'm getting F***** for things that I do not believe it's my fault, but it's under my responsibility because I'm the account person.

I've got loads to learn... I do. Hopefully things will get better!

No comments: