Friday, October 30, 2009

Day 9... More treats!

Mummy decided to be a little more adventurous with my (our) lunch today. She made one of my favourite dish, 'Mui Fan' (rice with seafood gravy & egg), but without all the delicious seafood & egg. In place of the yummies, she added fish balls and sliced fish. Apparently, I'm not supposed to eat egg, or too much of it...

It's actually a rather healthy dish because there is always a generous serving of veg, cooked till soft, with the gravy. The dish is cooked in such a manner that all the nutrients is supposed to be in the gravy... hmmm...


Gracie and Kar dropped by today... and Grace brought me home boiled fish soup! =D She was just sharing with us the story of how anxious and excited she got about doing marketing, and boiling of the soup that Kel got a little envious! Envious he was, because he claimed that she has never used the same amount of zest when cooking for him! Haha...

And while they were here, a delivery man brought me bright, cheery looking gerberras, fish essence and a Hippo! And guess what? They were sent with love from Gracie, Kar, Mel, Eileen & Elaine! It was a pleasant surprise, though they shouldn't have gone to the expense! =)

See the little Hippie they sent me for company? =D

I love yellow flowers! They brighten up any place and they are surely cheerful looking! =) Thanks dears! I can't help but be reminded day after day, with God's grace, of my blessings and the love that is around me...

P.S. Aunty Jenny made me a healthy 'appetiser' as well, to whet my appetite. Stuffed tomatoes! So healthy and full of Vit. C! =D

2 comments:

Dannie said...

Hey, I wanna sayang you too! But hmm... distance and budget makes it a little difficult. So the only thing I can think of is *deep breath*... wanna borrow my PS3? It's with a friend now, and I'm pretty sure I can get her to send it to you... :)

Lexie said...

Hey hey! *hugz*

Thanks for the thought but it's ok! I'm entertained enough reading blogs, especially yours, surfing the net, reading my book, checking work e-mails (Yes, I've started on that...) and watching the occasional DVDs!