Friday, October 01, 2004

Shit rolls down the hill?

And don't tell me everything roll down the hill... Just not true...

My career has just taken a turning again...down the hill... Just 10 months ago, I thought that everything looked rather positive... Oh well, I don't know if it's just me, or my luck, or the company...

Due to manpower shortage, I've been 'reduced' to taking over the job scope of interns... which is yes, a crucial part of editorial, but really brainless and manual. I'm responsible for uploading the bulk of stories that goes onto the Web, which includes some minor editing... and because I've taken over all the uploading works, I've lesser opportunities to write articles and to attend events.

Feel so cheated... Not only have I not developed very much of my writing skills in this place, now I'm back to doing brainless stuff... Argh... That makes me wonder why did I get out of Pru in the first place. Sigh... It's such a lousy deal here now. I'm getting 1/2 of what I got in Pru (salary wise), 3x the number of hours I spent (per week) working when I was in Pru and 4x the amount of workload. Feels so much like being a high-class factory operator who's churning out stuff. God help me please... Sigh...

It got worse when I heard that they might be hiring another journalist next year to tide over the man power shortage. Where do I go from here?

Where do my dreams go? Which direction are they heading? I dun even know what they are now... :(

No comments: