Monday, August 06, 2007

The Myers-Briggs Personality Test......

Was having lunch the other day when I chanced upon a book fair...

Was browsing around when I spotted this book "The Pathfinder - How to Choose or Change Your Career for a Lifetime of Satisfaction and Success". When I turned the book around, I saw that it was going for like only $12 and so I decided to buy it cuz I do remember reading book reviews of this book.

With my whole slew of books waiting for me to read, I couldn't bring myself to start on this book yet. However, I saw that they have a slimmed down version of the Myers-Briggs personality test and decided to have a go at it.

I turned out to be a ISFJ... (Introvert, Sensors, Feeling, Judging)

And what this means is the following:

"Warm, conscientious, loyal, considerate, helpful, calm, quiet, devoted, gentle, open, nurturing, practical, patient, responsible, dependable, very observant, sensitive, holistic, inclusive, spontaneous, pragmatic, tactile, respectful, noncompetitive, sympathetic, painstaking and thorough, efficient, traditional.

The most service-oriented of all types. Very much in touch with their inner processes as well as the world around them. Seek harmony for themselves and all others. Serene, appreciative, in tune. Do not impose themselves or their opinions on others. Do no need to control. Find their own creative way to get the job done. Learn by doing. Uninterested in abstractions and theories. Use standard operating procedures only when they are best method for reaching the goals. Often creative and highly skilled, but so adverse to imposing that they are easily overlooked and their contributions go unnoticed."


You know what? Some of these thoughts occurred to me more than once even before I did this test. But it's just another test... At the end of the day, what really happens is what I make out of it and carry out any form of action.

_________________________________________________________

On another separate note, I finished reading "Memories of my Melancholy Whores" and how should I put it...


It was beautiful yet warped. I thought that it's kinda like a piece of art in Gabriel García Márquez's time. It reminds me of movies like "Quills" - Featuring Geoffrey Rush playing as 'Marquis de Sade'.

Actually borrowed another book from the Library by Gabriel to have a more complete picture of his art...

Moving on to my next book... "Little Earthquakes" - Am actually a little embarassed to be carrying this book around cuz it depicts this baby pinkish, teddy bearish book cover... but hey! A lady deserves to read a trashy novel for light entertainment once in a while, don't you think?

Anyway, 1/3 into the book and don't think it's trashy. Just never judge a book by its cover... =P

No comments: