Thursday, August 02, 2007

Never Let Me Go...


Finished the book that Gracie lent me... It was... fascinating... and real... and sad at the same time... It questions morality that deals with everything human...

Kazuo Ishiguro's weaving of the story with words and descriptions was done so intricately... Without spelling out to readers in their face what was actually happening, he managed to craft the story in such a manner that there was no other way you could interprete the story. Yet, there's a great deal to think about when the final page has been read.

Just a little spoiler on the book:
"This kind of insight into our real lives makes "Never Let Me Go" powerful to read despite its simple plot. Kathy and her friends suffer the sort of conflicts that could happen to any of us, but knowing that they are doomed to an early death heightens the impact of their troubles. But on further reflection, we realize that our lot is not so very different from theirs, even if it may take eighty years to play out instead of thirty."

Anyhow... moving on to my next book... Yup, I'm back to my erratic phase when I'll jump and bury myself in books just one after another. Borrowed 4 books from the library yest!! Heee... *Hippeeeee!*

On another note... I'll hate it when they remove the Orchard library end of this year... Guess Bishan's gonna be one... =/

No comments: