Tuesday, June 22, 2004

The Da Vinci Code...

Was busy shopping at Far East Plaza over the weekend. How it all started, can be credited to my dear friends. Rachel was out having dinner with Cynthia and Raquel on friday night before heading down to Devil's Bar. If you know girls, you will also know that it is a common practice for a dinner appointment to be followed by shopping as dessert, as long as shops are still open... Anyway, they chanced upon this shop which they claim to sell very, very pretty dresses... And all three of them bought dresses of the same type in different print designs and colors. And... my dear girl Rachel, decided that we should all wear those dresses for her wedding in DECEMBER (which is like freaking long time away...) And because of that, I had to drag my feet down to FEP to scout for the dress, and to BUY one for myself...

Anyway, while walking through those shops (after buying my dress), I got bored and decided that I should pay Sunny bookshop a visit to make my day sunnier... You see, yes, girls love shopping... But when your shopping costs goes above a certain amount, it just makes you depress... So much for what they claim to be retail theraphy huh... well, I guess it's just me.

In any case, I have been looking forward to read "The Da Vinci Code " after Kian Ming went on and on about how good it was. So, I bought that and this other favourite book of mine, "A Fine Balance ". Read it once, but really want to read it again...

I started on "The Da Vinci Code " yesterday, but being so busy, I only covered 3 chapters so far. However, it is already enthralling. I suppose it's because part of the story relates to the Catholic Church. In the story, it talks about Opus Dei, which is a Catholic group that supposedly evoke controversy among members of the Catholic church and those outside. It caught my attention immediately because I have friends who are members of the Opus Dei Group.

I think it would be interesting to find out more about it... I dunno but I figured that it shall be my personal 'mini' project to find out more about it... :) Anyway, here's an article that is with regards to "The Da Vinci Code " that I came across in my research online on Opus Dei... Check it out...

P.S:
Here are some other links that look really interesting...
Writings of Josemaría Escrivá
ODAN: Opus Dei Awareness Network

No comments: