Thursday, June 24, 2004

Sleepy...

Met Elaine and Ju for lunch at Amoy St market earlier... Was supposed to meet at 12.30pm, but was chatting with Ju till 12.25pm and realised that HEY! It's time to go... hahah... girls will be girls! Anyway, Elaine was later than us...

Had Chicken rice for lunch and I think that's part of the reason why I'm so freaking SLEEPY now!!!! Rice for lunch always makes me sleepy after lunch... Sheessh... Even after my 8-course Tung Lok lunch at Noble House yesterday wasn't this bad... It was a biz lunch... and other than the PR part, lunch was good. It was yummy... and DELICIOUS! Hehehe... from Tofu that's as soft as silk, with a layer of crispy skin which is not at all dry cuz of the gravy, to the shark's fin soup where you actually can taste the individual pieces of scallop and fish maw and mushrooms and crab! Hehe... and apart from all the main courses, the meal ended with yummy Mango Sago for dessert... But well, that was yesterday's lunch... hehehe

Am partly so sleepy because I've not been sleeping earlier than 2am for the past few nights this whole week!! Stayed up to complete uploading the musical photos and the pictures from B.B.Q at Wayne's place FINALLY... Everyone was bugging me for it... And also stayed up to do miscellaneous stuff. It's like, the later I sleep, the more time I have to do the things that I like... Essentially, it's more time for myself... But it's very bad... I don't feel well rested... Ok, that's something else that I got to change...

Yesterday was an eventful night. Recieved a call from Aunty Ruby out of the blue. Said that the rest of them were gathering at her place for dinner... Asked me to go along... So, thinking that I would go cuz I've not seen the rest for ages, I went. Luckily I brought along a tin of Pineapple tarts from Bengawan Solo (With compliments from Rob)... Cuz it was her BIRTHDAY!! She din tell us about it at all!! I din even know until the others mentioned it. HEhhe... So pai seh!

But it was good. We did loads of catching up on what's happening... And things have been happening!!! Tonnes of things... But yesterday was really saddening for me... Mostly, we got updated on news that were not at all nice to hear... If you think that drama happens only on the TV programs by Mediacorp... You are wrong... But I guess, the more important thing is, at least these people are moving on in life... or at least they are trying to move on...

It kinda got me to thinking... Sometimes you just got to take life with a pinch of salt... I'm not saying that it's good to be skeptical but there are alot of things which goes much deeper than what it appears to be on the surface. Hahah... I know this is not new... but unless you experience them personally, you can never understand how someone else feels... Sigh, din expect my night to end with a heavy heart... But well, life goes on doesn't it?? *grins*

No comments: