Monday, July 05, 2004

Bangkok...

Wow… realized it’s been quite a while since I last blogged… well, having been away in Bangkok, I’ve been busy (mainly hanging out with Raq cuz she’s going back to U.S. next Monday… Sigh… life’s going to be back to normal after that…)

Anyway, I can’t believe I’ve been spending so much money!! Argh!! *financial angst* I spent $1K on my Bangkok trip inclusive of airfare, $1200 on stuff and important events before I left, and $500 TODAY on my hair (of which the color turned out a little shocking and I really din mean to spend so much, just that the lady who did my hair kept asking me if I wanted to do this, I wanted to do that… and trust me, in the midst of coloring my hair, I swear I can’t think very well and I said yes to what ever she suggested most of the time!! So irritated with myself!!!!), my dental check-up (cuz I need to remove my wisdom teeth next month) and SHOPPING (on things which I’ve always wanted to buy but could not find in Bangkok…) Still, I declare that I do not deserve to touch a single cent of my pay next month!!! So much for saving and trying to be thrifty… *locks up all her credit and atm cards away in the drawer…*

However, I must admit that Bangkok was fun… 4 girls out in Thailand alone, shopping and eating their way around, as well as enjoying massages and all… hrrm… life couldn’t get any better during that 4 days in Bangkok…. However, there were the torturous moments… YES and I mean torture…

How? Why? Because why don’t you try shopping with girls who can walk from 10am in the morning to 12am the next morning with probably 3 hours of ‘sit-down’ time for meals and short breaks?? The last time I was in Jatuchak, the famous weekend market in Bangkok, I was only there for 3 hours plus… And that was bad enough because the place was stuffy, warm and not well ventilated at all… Don’t get the wrong idea… I love shopping…. But in those conditions, it makes me think twice. But guess what? This time round, my dear friends stayed on from 10am in the morning all the way till closing time at 6pm! And trust me, we covered barely half the entire area… Less than half in fact… I can vouch for that because we did not even reach the place where they sold the animals and pets… Uh-huh… I’ve never shopped until I feel like throwing in the white flag in defeat… But I sure felt like doing that…

Anyway, am sure it was just as well because based on the amount of food that we eat (which is A LOT and I mean A LOT), we’re burning a lot of calories off by walking around so much… (I don’t care if it’s not true… HUMPH! (*self-denial*) Wahhahaa….

No comments: