Saturday, July 24, 2004

I'm resigned...

To my fate of having my laptop passing out on me.... looks like I'm gonna need to reformat my laptop... sigh... But of course before I do that, am going to try all ways and means to backup the data... sigh... all my MP3s, pictures... *ouch*

Anyway, since my lifebook's dead... just got to make do with this... Get on with life...

Suzhou travel log part two...

"10.08 pm

Just came back from an one-hour foot reflexology. As it was my first time, it was sure a tickling and painful experience. What's more, the guy who was doing it for me said that massaging my feet was like helping someone scratch an itch.


My foot massager

Easily done and it doesn't take that much out of him. Hrm... but it was PAINFUL! Anyway, was a good experience. He also found out that I got weak knees, through pain in certain parts of my feet (when he applies pressure against it). He says that I got to take care of my knee and it will be prone to rheumatism. Asked me to go buy the medicated plasters meant for old people... Sigh... Signs of old age...

But anyway, the foot massage was real timely cause we walked around quite a bit today. We were brought to this place known as "Tiger Hill". Nice scenery, nice history...


My favourite picture taken from "Tiger Hill"

Haha... but did not really pay attention to the history part. Only caught bits and pieces of it as my tour guide explained the stories behind the different buildings, structures or the places of events.

After that, we had a mini shopping spree... Things were really quite cheap! Bangkok no more! Shanghai (China), here I come! Bought quite a number of "Chinese fabric" pouches gifts. Had really good buys... Settled all my gifts for my aunts and colleagues all @ one shot. The best thing about shopping here is that, it's all bargainable! But fashion's out of the story though. Fashion over here is... errrrr.... hrrrm... 'off the tangent'... Oh well... You gain some, you lose some...

Anyway, am going to try to sleep now... Got to 'work' the whole day tomorrow...."

Talking about bargains, YEAH! Everything's bargainable! I bought this embroidery picture on the last day and how I bargained, I really must share. I went into this shop in the hotel and usually these shops sell their goods at really cut throat prices cause they know that their target markets are the tourists or hotel guests. Anyway, there was this lady sewing the pictures by hand, so I know that these stuff are authentic. I was looking at this framed embroidery picture and I thought I really liked it alot. But it was the last day of my stay and we were already going to take the coach to head to the airport.

But I asked the price of the picture anyway. The nice lady told me that the picture costs 380 yuan (abt. S$75)... So I gave her a look of 'dismay' and told her that as it was my last day, I do not have that much cash and that I was also in a hurry to get on the coach as we were leaving. So the sales lady went... "Oh, it's your last day? How much do you have left?" So I said, I got about 200 yuan left (abt. S$40)... Then she said "We have never sold a picture for such a low cost before but since it's your last day, you can buy it as souvenir." And she really sold me the picture at 200 YUAN! Hrm... what a way of bargaining right? I'm sure they still make a good margin of profit and this can possibly happen
only if you meet a nice sales lady.... Oh well... I still stood to GAIN! Heheheh...

No comments: