Monday, May 16, 2005

I need a breather... HoooHeeeHoooHee...

Work's mad... crazy...

I've got so many things to do that I can't help feeling that everything that I do, I overlook many other aspects. And the scary thing is that, there is nobody who is overseeing what I do constantly, only when my boss does a review of what I've planned so far. And usually when he sees some things missing and he highlights them to me, I go into a mad frenzy and rush to get things going. It's crazy...

My previous event went relatively well I would say, for a 1st event. There were hiccups but I would say that half the time, it's not my fault because those were things established and set before I took over the planning and there were no revisions mentioned for those issues. And I did not know what transpired before hand.

However, I'm also aware that such things happen ALL the time and even if I single-handedly did the event, there will be such screw-ups. When that happens, I must be prepared to shoulder the responsibility for the screw-up. And I know that when that time comes, I can't help but feel personal about it. Oh well...

A little wary of this major event that I'm handling now. I hope things will go well. It's definitely a steep learning curve for me over here. I would say that I've learnt quite a bit. However, the question still rings loud in my head. Is the experience worth it? I do feel like I'm selling my body and soul to my boss (job) 24/7 so far. And for the meagre pay some more.

Worried that I'm getting into a habit of job-hopping... Can't let that happen. Nope...

No comments: