Friday, November 18, 2005

Some things I got to do...

Attended Ken's church service today...

Sunset captured on the plane back to Singapore from Taipei...


It was really heart breaking and really sad... I couldn't stop my tears from flowing when Ken's friends were giving testimonies about him...

A spark in the lives of people who knew him... Always so cheerful, and popular because he's so approachable and easy going.

Images of him kept appearing in my mind during the service and I felt truly saddened. I'm going to miss him...

Doesn't help that he's the only son, only child, and my heart ached for his mum, Aunt Helen. Through the service, I found out that the 3 most important men in her life, all passed away due to heart attack. How much tougher can it get for a woman... I cannot imagine.

Found out so many things about him today. How he's actually so involved in church... his involvement with the kids... How highly his friends thought of him... I was very surprised that his funeral service was so crowded. He's truly Mr Nice.

Realised that there are actually so many things that I don't know about him. Would have loved to know those things about him... and be a friend, instead of one who solely interacts with him on a work basis.

Makes me realise that there are so many people around me that I should treasure more. That I should take more effort in understanding and finding more from.

This is something that I have to do...

No comments: