Monday, February 14, 2005

Valentine's Day and the 6th day of CNY!

Man.. how time flies! It's already the 14th of February and the 6th day of the Lunar New Year!

And it sure seems like it was only yesterday that I was having reunion dinner with my family!

But I guess time flies by so quickly because we're having a good time... and I HAVE been having a good time the last couple of days! Loads and loads of food... new year goodies and Ang Baos. But then again, I usually give most of my ang bao collection back to my mum to make up for what she has to give out. I only keep those that are from more special ppl like Rob's dad and my favourite aunty. Not to mention those that my parents give me.

Anyway, I love CNY too because it's the only time that we're allowed to gamble.

Not that I like to gamble, but I like the feeling of how most of the family members gather around some dining table or something, and play cards. Our family always play this game of four cards (per player), with a pair of leading cards, and a pair at the 'back'... To win, you have to have these two pairs bigger than that of the bankers. It simple and yet really fun! Addictve even I would say. However, the turn over rate is so darn fast! You don't even hold the card for more than 15 secs... just see, arrange and shoot... therefore it also means that you can win or lose (min)$2-(max)$10 (depending on how much you bet per round) in just 30 secs.

Hehehe... I Love it! But luck hasn't been so good to me this year. Haven't won much, neither have I lost plenty. So I guess I should be contented. Hehehe....

Anyway, Happy Valentine's Day one and all! I'm off to spend time with Robbie!! :)

No comments: