Wednesday, March 09, 2005

A new job... and so a hopeful new beginning...

Yups! The title of this entry says it all I guess....

Got meself a job offer and after much thought, I decided to take it up. Am actually still waiting for a couple other companies to get back to me, but I think this offer somehow gives me a good feeling about it.

Well, the money's not that good really. Just a couple of hundred increment from my last drawn pay at CNET which was ABSOLUTELY pathetic... even my colleague and 'shi xiong' said that I would and could easily have gotten more if I had tried to fight for it. But because of that pathetic pay I was getting, there was no way that this company would give me anything higher than a couple hundreds of increment. Sigh... Poor me... Always feel that I'm struggling with the financial part but hopefully God has plans for me....

Like the message that Angie sent me a couple of days back, "If He brings you to it, He will bring you through it." It stayed stuck in my head ever since I read it and I'm pretty sure that it was a message that He wanted me to get....

Anyway, money issues aside... The pros of accepting this offer easily outweighs the cons... it's a small firm, so working style's pretty casual and informal... (of course work's work and all... but at least there's not that much of a rigid corporate structure). Being the 'shy' me, it would be easier for me to adapt to a company that currently involves only 3 others. 2 of whom are the bosses. Heh... had a chat with them actually (during my 1st 'interview') and they seem pretty nice.

Also, I appreciate the fact that by accepting me, I was sure that they are willing to invest time to train and teach me stuff.... Because I spelt out to them that as much as I am comfortable working independently, I am only confident of doing that when I have sufficient guidance and when I know what I need and have to do. Being a 4-man show team... I suppose I will have to "cover mountain, cover sea"... which equates to maximum exposure for me. Which is GOOD! Because what I am out to do is to learn as many things as possible.

The other down side about this job though, is the distance I have to travel daily... Buona Vista... That's two third of the journey to NUS. And the writing component... I have to look forward to loads of tech writing... Pro or Con... yet to tell.. See how things go...hehehe but overall, excited and looking forward to learning loads of stuff.....

Anyway, am so bushed that I'm off to bed for now...

Highlight of the week:

Easter Bunny...

No comments: